Sunday, March 10, 2013

Self-Affirmation Sundays: The Meaning of Affirmations

"I am strong. I am loving. I am..."

What are these? You ask... These phrases are called "self-affirmations." An affirmation according to the dictionary, an affirmation is...
1.the act or an instance of affirming; state of being affirmed.
2.the assertion that something exists or is true.
3.something that is affirmed; a statement or proposition that is declared to be true.
4.confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.
5.Law. a solemn declaration accepted instead of a statement under oath.

Self Affirmations are positive, true words that allow you to replace negative thoughts and feelings with positive ones. Self affirmations are healing words that free you from the dependence of other's opinions, attitudes, and/or feelings about you.  They provide visualization of new order, sense, awareness, optimism and allow you to feel good about yourself.  Stating your affirmations helps you achieve your goals and become successful. Success prophecies that, when visualized, imagined or believed in, do come true. With self affirmations you give yourself permission to grow,  to change for the better, to take risks, give you confidence, and allows you to create the life of your choice.

Beginning this Sunday I will be posting different affirmations each week. You can also provide yourself with them, in areas where you would like to change in your life. Self affirmations have helped me tremendously. They help me stay focused, and receive the things I want in life and also keeps me in a positive mindset. So lets affirm.

Examples of Self Affirmations
" I am beautiful."
" I give myself permission to release toxicity from every level of my energy field."
" I allow abundance to flow through me."
" I remember."
" I will give others responsibility for their lives today."

"The greatest wealth is health."
Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment